Super tasty and loved by the kids, easy and fast to make it?
Well known cake with bananas, usually using the ones remain for some days in our depository.
Great taste which combined with cardamom becomes – to my taste – something unique.
(all ingredients preferably to be in room temperature)
4 bananas (preferably ripe enough – they are sweeter and more flavored)
125 gr butter
125 gr granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cardamom powder (optional)
50 ml orange juice
zest of 1 orange
200 gr all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
150 gr drops of chocolate or 150g chocolate couverture, chopped in coarse pieces (optional)
50 gr walnuts, chopped preferably in coarse pieces (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180° C set to Fan.
- Grease and dust with flour a 30×10 cm non-stick baking pan and set aside.
- Clean and mash the bananas with a fork, some bigger pieces to remain to give a different texture at the end to the cake.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, the baking powder and the salt and stir all to be combined (2nd sift will help air mixture to be softer and fluffier, but not mandatory). Add chocolate drops and set aside.
- In the mixer’s bowl, add butter, vanilla extract, cardamom, orange juice, and sugar, and beat with the whisk attachment in high speed for about 10 minutes, till mixture becomes white and fluffy (start with slow speed and after ingredients are incorporated increase it to max).
- If no mixer is available just whisk by hand as much possible in order to reach a white, fluffy result.
- Add one tablespoon from the flour mixture and then add the eggs one by one; slow down the speed of the mixer and put next egg only after the previous one has been totally incorporated.
- Add the mashed bananas and mix softly with a spatula.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter / egg mixture and mix softly with a spatula until all the ingredients are just incorporated. We mix gently in order the air already captured in the butter not to escape. We mix for short time in order not gluten of the flour to be activated.
- Put the mixture in the buttered / floured baking pan
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes on the middle rack in the oven (test with the knife; insert it and if it comes out clean cake is done.
Cake is done
- When ready, remove from oven and put it on a grate.
- Wait 10 – 15 minutes, take the cake carefully out from the pan, and let it to cool completely on the grate.
- Before serving, we may dust with icing sugar, following our taste.
Enjoy and share some pictures with your results!
Cover Photo by Aleksandar Pasaric from Pexels
Recommended for you:
Dough recipe for Pizza with yeast
Menu, Shopping List and Ideas for Cooking During Coronavirus